The Fayetteville Rifle was a .58 caliber, two banded rifled musket that was made at the Confederate States Arsenal in Fayetteville, North Carolina. The rifle’s back sights were set for 500 yard and it had a place for a bayonet. The machinery used to make these guns was captured in April 18th 1861 at the United State Arsenal at Harpers Ferry, Virginia. It had been used to make the US Model 1855 Rifle. They were able to make about 300 rifles a month, with a maximum of 500 when needed. The Fayetteville was produced from early in 1862 until the arsenal was captured and destroyed March 11th 1865 by troops under Union General William T Sherman.