Confederate Secretary of Navy Stephen Russell Mallory presented the Confederate Naval flag May 26th 1863.
The Confederate Navy had thirty ships in February 1861, only fourteen of them were seaworthy. Before the end of the war this number would increased to one hundred one. Half way through the war the Secretary of the Navy of the Confederacy Stephen Russell Mallory instituted a new Naval flag on May 26th 1863. The end of the Confederate Navy came on November 6th 1865 when “The CSS Shenandoah” surrendered in Liverpool England.